1. I agree with Dotson with hoe he says he needs to catch the audience’s attention. It is hard to pay attention to something if you don’t get anything out of it. Everybody will pay attention if they have something important to pay attention to. I also agree with having an even amount of sound and pictures or videos. A story could get boring if it was all talking and not many different pictures. Also I don’t like too long of stories. I thought it was interesting how important he made the natural sounds seem. Those sounds and other natural touches need to be in the story to keep people’s attention. Dotson says that having a break in talking to soak up information is also important. When watching a news cast I would never realize the break or anything else if I wasn’t paying attention.
2. Pianist loses finger in snow blower, lives to play
3. –A car driving down the street and you can hear the sound of the wheels crunching on the ground. This made the shot of him driving to the hospital a lot more dramatic and not just a car ride.
- You hear the snow blower working. The sound of it working quickly and fast makes you realize just how painful the experience was.-The sound of the bandages being put on his fingers. The natural sounds so far seem to be the important parts of this story. The snow blower was how the accident happened and the bandages are the aftermath of the accident.
-Clapping of his audiences after he performed the piano was important because it shows how even now that he has the bandages he can still do the thing he loves and well.
4. –There is a wide shot of the pianist while he is talking about the accident with his house is in the background. It’s is an interesting camera shot because he is talking really far away but it mixes up the different shots.-There is a medium close up of him talking again, but it’s strange because the edges seem blurry. It is interesting that he is close up on the left but then the right there is something different happening.
-One of the camera shots is a wide shot of somebody snow blowing their driveway but then over that there are news articles shooting across the screen. I thought this was a cool effect.
-There was a cutaway shot of the keys while he is playing the piano. It is cool to listen to him play while seeing the keys going along with it.
5. Nothing can get in the way of what he loves
6. This story uses a lot of Dotson’s ideas. There are a lot of natural sounds throughout the story. The natural sounds are things you wouldn’t even realize are happening unless you were looking for them because they are things we listen to all the time. There are pictures also throughout this story. For example there are times where there was a shot of the snow blower or of a car driving. There were also nice camera shots of him playing the piano.